Monday 26 January 2009

The Online Romance and Bridges and Powerlines

photo by Sam Brosnan

I always love my quirky, indie pop bands that remind me of the days I would sit in a corner with earphones that were too big for my head and listen to joyous things such as The Beach Boys or all my grandmothers old records. The Online Romance are that band. The sextet from Portland, Oregon combine an array of percussion and heavenly harmonies that can only be found in dreams. They are currently taking a break from touring to concentrate on their full length album. One of the tracks that will be featured is Ladybug Don't Smile which you can download below. Check out their Myspace and site for more details. For now, just smile and enjoy.

MP3: Ladybug Don't Smile / Myspace / Site


photo by Ana Blohm

Another band that has caught my attention is Bridges and Powerlines, a four piece from New York that cram lots of fuzz and synth into various three minute slots. Making a name for themselves from the big players such New York Press, Pitchfork and CMJ Music these guys are definitely worth the listen. Currently working on their next album but download the following tracks to keep you going.

MP3: Uncalibrated / MP3: Middle Child / Myspace / Site

No comments:

Post a Comment